Culligan HE Water Softener
Softer, More Efficient Water for Home from the Experts at Culligan of Columbus
Hard water can do more damage than you might realize — from putting major appliances through the wringer to drying out hair, skin, and nails, choosing a water softener for your home can bring added benefits all over the house.
Solve Columbus Hard Water Problems For Good
Since Columbus water comes from underground sources, it tends toward the hard end of the spectrum. Many area residents see effects of hard water in their home in the form of chalky, white buildup around fixtures. This also means the buildup you can’t see (like inside your pipes and major appliances) can be costing you not only in utilities every month, but in overall appliance life and performance for water heaters, dishwashers, and more.
Hard Water at Home
Along with creating problems for plumbing and appliances, hard water can have a noticeable taste that many people find unpleasant. It can even impact the way coffee, tea, and other foods prepared with hard water taste. Columbus’ hard water can also leave your skin feeling dry, cracked, or itchy, especially in the winter months. In the same way hard water can dry out your skin, it’s also hard on hair and nails, leaving them brittle and prone to cracking or splitting. You might also notice you have to use a lot of shampoo or soap to get a good lather with hard water — the minerals in hard water mean even a lot of product doesn’t always do the job. With soft water, soaps and detergents lather quickly and rinse more cleanly, leaving you with a quicker, cleaner feeling for you, and everything else you wash.
Water Softener Benefits:
- Reduce utility bills with softer, more efficient water.
- Extend major appliance life — from the dishwasher, water heater, washing machine, and more.
- Enjoy better-tasting water free of mineral aftertaste.
- Improve the look and feel of hair, skin, and nails.
- Help laundry last longer, and look better, with easier-on-fabric soft water.
- Use, and spend, less on personal care and cleaning products that go farther — and feel better — with softer water.
Trusted Water Softening from the Columbus Water Experts
Culligan’s advanced water softeners target and remove problem-causing dissolved minerals from water, delivering softer, more efficient water that works better throughout your home. Water softening solutions are customized for the specific water problems Columbus experiences, like hard water, so you can count on your water softener to solve the unique water problems you have at home. Your Columbus area Culligan Man always tests your water for free, discusses the results with you, and provides expert installation and maintenance of your water softener for the best possible home water softening for the life of your product.
Learn more about the home benefits of a Culligan® Water Softener!
Hard water is the result of mineral buildup in your city or well water, most commonly from calcium and lime. The signs of hard water are not always obvious, but can have detrimental effects on your home. Soap scum and stains are two of the most visible problems associate with hard water. Let your Culligan Man recommend which water softener is right for your home!
Hard water will clog your pores, leaving your skin dry and itchy. Your hair can also become damaged and unmanageable due to hard water. Let your Culligan Man recommend which water softener is right for your home!
Calcium and Magnesium in your water can cause your laundry to become stiff or hard. A Culligan Water Softener will not only make your water softer, but also reduce your detergent use. Let your Culligan Man recommend which water softener is right for your home!
Soap Scum/Lime Buildup
Soap scum and lime build up are the residues that you see left behind on faucets, in your tub and in your sinks. It’s caused by hard water and can be damaging to your pipes and fixtures. Let your Culligan Man recommend which water softener is right for your home!
Spots on Glass/Cloudy Glassware
Hard water will leave your glasses spotted and dirty looking even when they come straight out of the dishwasher. Let your Culligan Man recommend which water softener is right for your home!
Total Dissolved Solids (TDS)
Total dissolved solids include a wide range of organic and inorganic compounds found in your water such as nitrates, chloride and phosphates. Culligan has a customized treatment solution based off of the TDSs found in your water, and can recommend the perfect solution for your home.
Columbus-area residents have trusted their water to Culligan for more than 80 years. Our customer service, cutting edge water softening technology, and local expertise goes beyond the basic water quality in Ohio and beyond to help you find the right solution for water softening in your home.
- Columbus water experts test your water to help you learn more about it, and provide solutions for best way to soften it for your home.
- Culligan water softeners include professional installation, routine maintenance for maximum efficiency, and dedicated customer service to make sure you’re always getting the most out of your water softener.
- We’re proud to offer one of the the most efficient water softeners on the market today, the Culligan High Efficiency Water Softener.
- We know water, and water softening technology, it’s why we hold more patents for water softening and treatment than any other water company.
Hard water is the result of mineral buildup in your city or well water, most commonly from calcium and lime. Hard water can reduce the quality of water in your home and may also be driving up your water bills, cleaning costs and more. The signs of hard water are not always obvious, but can have detrimental effects on your home. Hard water can cause corrosive build of scale from mineral deposits in your pipes. Over time, your pipes can clog, water flow can diminish and water pressure will be reduced. Your local Culligan water expert offers a range of water softener products that fits your needs, wallet and for every size of household.
The Culligan High Efficiency Water Softener is the most efficient water softener in the market. You save more on water, salt, and electricity with patented smart technology that makes our high-efficiency water softeners up to 46% more efficient than other softeners. Not only will you be saving your wallet by reducing water and electricity costs, but you will also be decreasing your home’s environmental footprint.
Water Softener Product Specifications
Culligan’s proportional brining allows your softener to regenerate only that part of the resin bed that has been exhausted, reducing its salt usage.
- Automatic bypass valve provides the convenience of bypassing the water softener from the softener itself or the remote display.
- Patented Culligan Aqua-Sensor® technology automatically adjusts to changes in water conditions so the softener only regenerates when needed, saving you salt, water, and money.
- Our smart brine tank automatically monitors salt levels and tells you how many days of salt are remaining.
- Exclusive Culligan Soft-Minder® meter monitors daily water use and provides advanced system diagnostics.
- The easy-to-read backlit display with digital clock lets you know your softener is working and alerts you to any system malfunctions.
- Culligan’s Dial-a-Softness® Valve allows you to customize the “feel” of your water, so it never feels too soft or too hard.
Frequently Asked Questions about Culligan Water Softeners
1. Will my water taste salty?
No. A properly functioning water softener will never make your water taste salty. The small amount of sodium added to the water will never create a salty taste.
2. How do I know if I have hard water?
Hard water usually manifests itself in several ways. It leaves white residue behind wherever water evaporates. When hardness reacts with soaps and detergents, it leaves a sticky soap scum behind, and in hot water heating systems it leaves behind a hard scale.
3. How does a water softener work?
A water softener works through a process known as “ion exchange,” which means that as it removes calcium and magnesium (elements that make water “hard”), it replaces those ions on a one for one basis, usually with sodium. This means that the amount of sodium added to the water is directly proportional to how hard your water is. In most instances the amount being added is so small that it is not a significant contributor to the amount of sodium in your diet.
4. Will a water softener reverse the damage that has already been done to my appliances?
Yes, if your hard water has been building up scale in your appliances, once you install a softener it will begin to remove that built-up scale. It will take a long time to remove it, but it will remove it.
5. Will the softener remove all impurities from my water?
Unfortunately, no. A water softener is designed to remove hardness (calcium and magnesium) from water. They can sometimes remove a limited amount of iron and manganese if you happen to have these problems as well. But if you are looking for great water for drinking and cooking, you should probably consider a reverse osmosis system for that purpose.
6. Are there chemicals used or put into the water to soften the water?
Other than salt or potassium chloride, there are no other chemicals that a water softener uses. On the contrary, using a water softener reduces the amount of cleaning supplies and detergents that you need to put down the drain trying to keep your home and family clean. Using a water softener is very environmentally friendly.
7. How long after installation will I have soft water?
Once a softener is installed, it will begin to soften your water immediately, However, if you have a tank-type hot water heater, it may take a few days to use up that hard water, until you feel the full effects of soft water.
8. How often do I need to add salt?
Most good softeners today, recharge based on how many gallons of water you use, and how hard your water is to start with. However, most of our customers today are adding salt once or twice a year, on average.