Web Only Offers
The best deals from Culligan today.Get Info
Service any existing system. Any make, any model.Get Info
Solve your home's water problems.Get Info
Your Whole Home Drinks.
Columbus water quality has a rich history in Ohio. From the early 1900s, when water-borne diseases like typhoid threatened the area, city officials recognized and prioritized water quality and treatment to ensure public safety. It’s a tradition that continues today, and one we’re proud to be a part of, having served Columbus and its surrounding communities, like Marysville and greater Central Ohio, for over 80 years.
Columbus Water Quality and Treatment Solutions
Like many large cities, Columbus draws its water from a few sources to supply the metro area and nearby communities like Galena, Powell, Waldo, and more. One of these sources is a large groundwater reserve underneath the area between the Scioto River and Big Walnut Creek that provides nearly 90% of the water for Franklin County residents. Additional wells supplement water for parts of southern Franklin County.
With groundwater sources and wells serving much of the area, chances are if you live in Columbus, Ohio, or nearby, your water quality will exhibit the qualities associated with hard water.
You might notice these hard or poor quality water symptoms in your house as:
- White, chalky buildup around fixtures, plumbing, and appliances.
- Rising utility bills — major appliances like water heaters and dishwashers can’t use hard water effectively, which costs you every month.
- Noticeable taste or odor from harder water, often the result of dissolved minerals like calcium, iron, and magnesium. This can make coffee, tea, and even recipes taste or smell ‘off.’
- Dry skin, hair, and nails, since hard water leaches moisture with every shower.
- Laundry that looks worn or feels stiff and scratchy.
Whatever your Columbus water problems, Culligan has a solution that’s always customized to your home, and the water in it. Learn more, today!